Hadoop Happenings: Spark, Storm and Kafka
Grab all of the latest news and commentary about Hadoop in one place with this week’s Hadoop Happenings. The Hadoop landscape is rapidly changing as new products from Spark to Storm gain traction. The Hadoop community also continues to educate businesses on the big data technology available.
1. The Future of Apache Storm: Secure, Highly Available, Multi-Tenant Processing in Yarn
Hortonworks.com- This overview of Apache Storm covers what it does and what we can expect from it in the future. Read More
2. Hortonworks gets more serious about real-time data with Kafka integration
Gigaom.com- This week Hortonworks announced the addition of Apache Kafka to its Hadoop platform.Kafka is widely used by large web companies. Read More
3. The New Analytics Toolbox with Apache Spark-Going Beyond Hadoop
PlanetCassandra.org- New tools are emerging to complement Hadoop in handling big data analytics. Read More
4. Hadoop Summit: Curated Content: Apache Storm
Hortonworks.com- Learn more about Apache Storm with these curated presentations from this year’s Hadoop Summit. Read More
5. An Introduction to Apache Hadoop for big data
Opensource.com- This comprehensive post covers the various components of Hadoop including Hadoop 2.0 Read More
6. Level Up- How to Achieve Hadoop Acceleration
InsideAnalysis.com- Analyst Dr. Robin Bloor outlines Hadoop’s role in the big data architecture in this episode of the Briefing Room. Read More
7. From Hadoop’s earliest days to post-YARN: Why some issues just won’t go away
ZDNet.com- An interview with Sean Suchter, CEO of Pepperdata, discusses his experience with Hadoop in its infancy to today. Read More
8. Securing Hadoop: What are Your Options?
Hortonworks.com- There are several open source security solutions for Hadoop including Apache Knox and Apache Argus. Read More
9. Leveraging Big Data with Hadoop, NoSQL and RDMSs
Dbta.com- There are multiple solutions available when it comes to handling big data. This webcast discusses various approaches. Read More
10. Is Hadoop at a Crossroads?
DataScienceReport.com- Michael Stonebraker analyses the impact of recent industry announcements in this post. Read More