Fastest Auto-Scaling Hadoop Service Now on Google Cloud
- By Nate Philip
- April 7, 2014
Hadoop as a Service is reaching the point of critical mass adoption. Thanks to the recent price cuts by Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform, customers are starting to see real alternatives in terms of storing and analyzing Big Data. Qubole is proud to be part of this progress. Starting today, Big Data companies can run Qubole Data Service (QDS) on the Google Cloud.
Having completed a successful beta program with some big customers and received great user feedback, QDS is ready to launch on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
To learn more about Qubole on the Google Cloud Platform, please visit this page.
Those who can benefit most from using QDS on GCP include:
- Those who are already using GCP for data storage and/or computing
- Those who are already using GCP for big data storage
Advantages of using QDS on GCP include:
- Minute level billing offers a cost-effective big data service option
- Fully integration with Google BigQuery
- A faster VM launch time and better and more consistent performance
- Fully integrated big data stack that is compatible with other clouds
For those interested in learning more about the advantages of using QDS on GCP, feel free to check out a recent benchmark analysis we’ve completed using Qubole on GCP.
To sign up for QDS on GCP, please click here.