Career in Big Data
Qubole is a small company with big goals for the future of the cloud and we want you to join us!
Every day we need to make the hard stuff look easy for our users; if analytics put a skip in your step and you want to build the next generation cloud data platform – join our team!
What We Do
Here’s a few of the areas we’re working on:
- Distributed Systems
- Query and Workflow Processing
- Data Management
- User Interfaces and Data Visualization
All of our products run on the cloud – this means that a HUGE part of what we do is programming and operating the cloud to build fast, reliable and cost effective services for our users.
Check out this post on how we built auto-scaling Hadoop clusters; this is a great example of the challenges Qubolers are tackling every day.
Make Your Mark on the Cloud
Each day we build components and features that might be part of something BIG one day, we work with bleeding edge customers to create solutions for problems no one’s thought up yet – which leads to wondering how to build something because it hasn’t been done.
Working at Qubole is an adventure! One moment we’re optimizing Hadoop’s Java codebase, the next we’re working on JS/CSS and programming AWS APIs in Python. That’s the thing about Qubolers – we’re constantly learning, not just seeking answers but new questions too! Qubolers are constantly expanding the possibilities of what the cloud can do.
Become a Quboler!
We’re currently hiring talented engineers like you at both our Palo Alto, Ca and Bangalore, India locations for the position of “Member of Technical staff”.
If your CS fundamentals are strong and you’re a great programmer, we want to work with you!
The following areas of expertise will be super helpful in working with Qubole:
- Building and operating large scale web services like search engines and advertising networks
- Experience with complex software systems like databases, file systems or distributed systems
Title: Career Inbounder
Qubole is looking for an amazing inbound marketer and lead generation professional to join its marketing team. This role is both strategic and tactical, focused on planning and executing campaigns to feed leads to our sales team.
- Can you look at a landing page and instantly come up with five A/B tests you’d want to run to optimize the conversion rate?
- Do you love crafting an engaging email message just as much as analyzing that email’s marketing results?
- Are you an active blogger with passion for writing viral content pieces?
An ideal candidate will:
- Have one year (or more) of experience using Hubspot: creating landing pages, e-mail campaigns, segmentation and more
- Have 2-3 years experience in lead generation, website conversion, and/or email marketing
- Be agile and experimental, analytical-oriented, bringing new ideas to the team and moving at a fast pace to hit aggressive goals
- Be a content creator and always come up with new subjects to write about
- Be a strong writer with a keen attention to detail
- Bonus skills: HTML/CSS, HubSpot, Salesforce.com, marketing automation, Photoshop
If this sounds like you – we encourage you to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “inbound marketer Mountain View”
If you’d like to join our team, please email us at email@example.com. You can send us your resume/CV or a LinkedIn profile and tell us what excites you about Qubole; if you have any questions (perks Qubolers enjoy, what our secret plans for world domination cloud domination are, etc.) go ahead and shoot us an email – we’re always just a click away!